The “I WILL FOR CHARITY” program:
If you do not have basic estate planning documents, the “I Will For Charity” program presents an opportunity for you to get that area of your life in order at a reduced cost with 100% contributed to charity.
There is no charge for a thirty minute consultation with me (Gregory C. Picken, Esq.) to determine if this Basic Plan right for you, or what your alternatives may be. If you want to proceed here is what you need to know:
What We Will Prepare for You*:
- A “Simple Will” under which all assets will go to a named individual (for example, your spouse, if you are married). If that individual is not living at your death, the Will shall provide that all assets will go to your children (or another named person). If your children are minors at the time of you (and your spouse’s) death, the Will shall name a Guardian for them and the assets will be held for them as trustee by a person named by you. The Will shall name a Personal Representative also referred to as an “executor”.
- A Designation of Health Care Surrogate naming a person to make health care decisions for you in the event that you cannot make them for yourself (and an alternate).
- A Durable Power of Attorney, naming an individual as your Agent, and an alternate, to deal with your property, generally, as fully as you could yourself.
- A Living Will stating your preferences as to life-prolonging measures in the event of certain terminal and other conditions, naming an individual as the person to make sure that your wishes are followed out.
- A form for a Written Statement for tangible personal property, which allows you to alter how certain property is disposed of at your death, without having to return to a lawyer to change your Will.
- A Designation of Pre-Need Guardian, naming an individual to be named as your guardian in the event you are unable to care for yourself and/or manage your property.
For more information on these documents, click on this link: http://www.pickenlaw.com/estate-planning/basic-planning-2/
What the Basic Plan Costs:
$350.00 for a Single Person
$450.00 for a Married Couple (provided that the provisions are reciprocal, i.e., each names the other and the same alternates in the various capacities – Personal Representative, Guardian for Minors, Health Care Surrogate Designee, Power of Attorney Agent, Pre-Need Guardian)
100% of “Basic Plan” Proceeds Will Go to One of These Charities (You will make the decision as to which charity and make your check out directly to the charity – but our firm will send in the checks.):
- The Arc of Palm Beach County: “Since 1958, The Arc of Palm Beach County has provided quality services, education and advocacy for children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families.” For more information click this link: http://www.arcpbc.org/
- Ali’s Alliance: “The purpose of Ali’s Alliance is to provide an innovative resource via a website which features an online database which will serve as a specific search engine for resources, stories, news, and support. Imagine if you will a “one stop” service for all resources related to the shock, battle, triumph, and tragedy of the struggle against cancer.” For more information click this link: http://alisalliance.org/
- Arielle Anacker Cancer Foundation: “The Mission of the Arielle Anacker Foundation is to raise funds for needy pediatric cancer families to help pay their bills, support Ewing’s Sarcoma research, support the Arielle Fund for the Underprivileged, support the Arielle Anacker Flag Scholarship, support Arielle Bankshots Courageous Award, support Arielle Anacker’s Butterfly Garden at Tradewinds Elementary School.” For more information click this link: http://www.arielleanackercancerfoundation.org
- CARP Inc.: The The mission of the Comprehensive Alcoholism Rehabilitation Programs, Inc. is to provide prevention, education and treatment services through a Continuum of Care, to individuals and families affected by alcoholism, drug dependency and co-occurring disorders, to achieve an abstinence-based recovery. http://www.carpinc.org/
- I have extended this through March, 2012.
- The purpose of this program is to have a very basic Estate Plan in place.
- If the Basic Package is not right for you, we will suggest alternatives, such as trust provisions in your Will or a Revocable Living Trust. The alternatives will have additional fees, however, we will give you a “guaranteed” price, and the amount that will be going to charity will be the same as if you had elected a Basic Package.
What To Do Next:
I you feel that this may be right for you, please contact me via my E-Mail email@example.com and I will tell you what to do to make things convenient for all of us, with just one trip to our office!